Main Meal | This chicken ramen bowl is flavorful, easy, healthy and definitely comforting.
Servings | 4
Preparation Time | 10 min
Cooking Time | 20 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy
4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
1½ tsp soy sauce, reduced sodium
2 chicken breast fillets, boneless and skinless (approx. 5-6 oz. each)
6-8 oz. ramen noodles* (or thin spaghetti)
1 cup sliced cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
2 green onions, chopped
hot chili oil- to taste(or sriracha)
1. Add whole eggs (shell on) to a medium size saucepan and cover with enough water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, remove from heat . Cover saucepan and let sit for 7 minutes. Remove eggs with tongs or a slotted spoon and submerge in a bowl of ice water. Set aside. This process will yield soft set eggs which are typically used in ramen bowls, if you prefer you can hard boil eggs instead.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate soup pot (or medium saucepan ) add chicken broth and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Add the chicken breasts and continue cooking until thoroughly cooked ( about 8-10 min.) . Remove chicken breasts from broth, let cool to touch, and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to broth.
3. Add ramen noodles to pot with broth and shredded chicken. Cook noodles according to time indicated on package (approx. 3-5 min.) Add additional chicken broth or water as necessary. Add salt/pepper to taste.
4. Peel and halve eggs, set aside.
5. Remove soup from heat . Add cabbage and carrots. Serve immediately. Garnish with one egg half and chopped green onions. Drizzle chili oil according to taste.
Home Page More Recipes